Maryland CEU Requirements (updated)
To Renew a Maryland Acupuncture License:
- An acupuncturist
must complete 30 Continuing Education Units (CEU) within the 2 years prior
to renewing their license.
- By attending the 2 MAS CEU seminars a year an
acupuncturist will automatically have enough CEUs to renew their license! We will also provide replacement certificates upon request if you lose your certificate.
Of the 30 CEU
- A minimum of 20 CEUs must be seminars or courses in acupuncture or
other modalities within the scope of practice of acupuncture in Maryland
such as herbology and Asian bodywork.
- Up to 10 CEUs may be in Western science and medical practices.
- Up to 10 CEUs may be in practice related (such as in CPR, practice management,
taxes, etc. ) courses.
- Up to 10 CEUs can be from teaching at an
acupuncture school, or giving a lecture on acupuncture.
- Up to 7 hours of Pro Bono work.
- Up to 7 hours (4 hours per article) for published peer-reviewed articles.
Proof of CEUs is not required of all
applicants at the time of renewal, however, 10% of applicants will be
audited and required to furnish proof of CEUs.
You should retain your documentation for 4 years from your renewal date.
Effective May 1, 2005,
the board of acupuncture will no longer grant extensions to applicants
that are not compliant with the 30 CEU Requirement. If you don't complete
the hours of continuing education, you will not be granted renewal of
your license, and might face disciplinary action.